Duty list of Officers & Key Supervisors
Duties of RSO Officers
Duties of Senior Divisional Electrical Engineer (RSO)
Sr. DEE (RSO) is the officer in immediate charge of the maintenance & operation of electric locomotives stocks outside the electric loco shed. Sr. DEE (RSO) is also responsible for dealing, on behalf of the Electrical Department, with all technical and organizational matters connected with the operation of electric rolling-stock. His duties are as under:
- Plan the requirements of Electric locos and EMUs to meet traffic requirements and preparation of loco/EMU links to suit traffic requirements:
- Plan/review of the requirement of crew every six months;
- Management of crew lobbies & running rooms under RSO/DLI.
- Maintain close liaison with the Operating Department officials and evolving counter measures to get over them so far as electric stock is concerned.
- Ensure maximum utilization of locos by watching detentions, taking on additional services, improving the engine links etc.;
- Make available locos and EMUs as well as running staff as required for traffic and keeping a watch over train operations and making suggestions for better utilization of available stock:
- Conduct footplate inspections of coaching & freight trains and surprise inspections of crew lobbies/running rooms to ensure that rules and procedures laid down in the General and Subsidiary Rules and orders and circulars issued from time to time are being complied with by all staff under him and that they are performing their allotted duties efficiently
- Ensure efficient and safe operation and running maintenance of the rolling-stock under his charge in accordance with the prescribed rules;
- Prompt and careful investigation of electrical rolling-stock failures and appropriate remedial action if the failure is attributable to lapses of running maintenance or defective operation;
- Organize, in co-operation with the Operating Department, the timely withdrawal of electric rolling-stock for maintenance attention in accordance with prescribed maintenance schedules. Liaison with the PPO of the shed for this purpose;
- Compile prescribed statistical data on electric rolling-stock, performance and utilization and their timely submission to HQ office;
- Maintain watch over the punctual running of electrically hauled trains and report of serious lapses to the Divisional Railway Manager;
- Study the pattern of energy consumption and maximum demand figures in relation to the traffic handled and initiation of appropriate measures;
- Train and examine for competency of electric running staff, watch over their performance and arranging refresher courses for such staff;
- Arrange the rosters for electric running staff;
- Issue of trouble-shooting, standing and other instructions required for the guidance and education of running staff. Arrange notification in the Working Time Table -of instructions specially applicable to Electric Running Staff;
- Supervise restoration work personally or through DEE(OP), AEE(OP) when electric rolling-stock is involved in accidents and arranging representation of Electrical Department at joint inquiries;
- Foot-plate inspection of train working so as to cover the entire division at least once in 3 months, to pay special attention to — Punctuality of trains, Observance of safety rules by Drivers and other operating staff, Correct observance of the prescribed rules of driving including, the best use of coasting and gradients for conservation of energy, Proper functioning of loco/EMU equipment, Observance of speed restriction, Look for any abnormalities regarding signal visibility, tack condition etc.
Duties of DEE/RSO and ADEE(RSO)
The duties of DEE(RSO) /ADEE(RSO) are similar to those for the Sr. DEE(RSO) in respect of all works under his direct charge. He shall work directly under the control of Sr. DEE (RSO).
Duties of Principal, Training School:
He is incharge of Electric Training Centre/GZB for training of electric traction, maintenance and running staff staff, Elect TRD, Elect Chg & Elect Genl. The Principal, Training DEE(Trg) is responsible for: -
- Estimation of current training needs for Electrical maintenance and operating staff of the Railway;
- Organising and imparting stipulated training for the maintenance and operating staff of the Railway;
- Planning for future training needs keeping in view the expansions,
- He is responsible for equipping the training school with modern aids of teachings and learning and for this he is assisted by a team of instructors.
- Up-keep of the training centre & hostel and its environment in keeping with the atmosphere required for learning.
Source : Northern Railways / Indian Railways Portal CMS Team Last Reviewed : 31-03-2022