MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS (2022-23)
1.During the month of May’22, Ticket Checking staff made all out efforts by proper planning of drives/ checks, resulting Ticket Checking earnings of ₹ 9.08 crores from 1.5 lac cases in the month of May’22. This is the ‘Best Ever Performance’ from Ticket checking earning over Moradabad Division. Previously ‘Best ever’ was 7.4 crores in the month of Nov’21.
2.Training of Rail Karmyogi have been successfully imparted to all the commercial employees over the Division.
3.A large no. of devotees converged for pilgrimage at Haridwar and Garhmukteshwar on 30th May’22 for a holy dip in the River Ganga on the occasion of Somvati Amavasya. The road traffic in HW city came to a standstill and there was road blockade. So, all the stranded passengers resorted to trains by opening of extra counters and deputing extra staff.
4.In the month of July’22, Moradabad Division has achieved ‘Best Ever Passenger Earning’ amounting ₹ 78.12 Cr. (Non-PRS ₹ 18.75 Cr + PRS ₹ 59.37 Cr)
5.Moradabad Division has successfully managed the Kanwad rush in July’22 especially on Sawan Shivratri by deputing extra staff and opening of additional Ticket counters in Haridwar and Rishikesh. One extra unreserved coach was also augmented in train 19019/20 (HW-BDTS) & 19269/70 (MFP-PBR) and one reserved sleeper coach was augmented in 18477/78 (YNRK-PURI) for the facilitation of passengers.
- Moradabad Division has successfully celebrated the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’, an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate 75 years of Independence and the glorious history of the country's people, culture, and achievements. The Division has participated in “Har Ghar Tiranga” with full vigour as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebrations.
- Moradabad Division has also observed ‘Partition Horrors Remembrance Day’ on 14th August to mark the occasion, exhibitions were also organised at 10 railway stations i.e. DDN, HW, MB, SPN, HRI, KTW, HPU, AMRO, CH & BJO to remind the country that independence was preceded by the largest displacement of the human population in the last century.
- The Division has successfully conducted the inspection of Hon’ble Minister of Railways Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw on his two-day visit to Bijnor and Dhampur on 23rd-24th Aug’22. He inspected the platforms and the circulating area and accessed the various passenger amenities present at the stations. The Minister advised for better cleanliness in and around the station. He also instructed to open more catering facilities at the platforms for convenience of the travelling rail-users. Hon’ble MR had promised the people of the region for a fast decision on the FLS (Final location Survey) of the Meerut-Hastinapur-Bijnor Rail Line to provide better rail connectivity to major cities i.e. Bijnor & Hastinapur through the Indian Railways network. The Hon’ble MR appreciated the development of Dhampur Goodshed and suggested to increase the handling by interacting with the prospective customers. He also suggested the development of a new Gati Shakti Multi-modal Cargo Terminal in Bijnor area.
- The Passenger Amenities Committee (PAC) inspected railway stations in Dehradun, Rishikesh, and Haridwar on 18th Aug’22. The PAC chairman PK Krishnadas along with other committee members examined various facilities which facilitates the journey of passengers like food stalls at stations, restrooms, CCTV monitoring rooms, toilets at all platforms, booking offices, unreserved and reserved ticket sales counters, catering stalls, cleanliness arrangements in stations and platforms among other facilities in the railway stations.
- Moradabad Division has successfully imparted training to all the ticket checking staff and implemented 100% usage of 107 Hand Held Terminals (HHTs) over the Division.
11.Swachhata Pakhwada has been successfully celebrated over Moradabad Division from 16th Sept. to 2nd Oct. On the occasion, a Prabhat Pheri was taken out from the premises of the Divisional Railway Manager's office under the guidance of the Divisional Railway Manager, Sh Ajay Nandan for the awareness of cleanliness among the people and passengers. During the Swachhta Pakhwada, various programs were organized in the division, such as Swachh Samvad, Swachh Station, Swachh Rail Path, Swachh Parisar, Swachh Railgaadi, Swachh Karyasthal, Swachh Aahaar, Swachh Neer, Swachh Prasadhan and Swachh Pritiyogita. Under these programs, special cleanliness drives were conducted at the stations, railway colonies, offices and all the units of the division. Cleanliness awareness campaigns and street plays were also organized to spread the message of cleanliness.
12.Moradabad Division has successfully managed the additional rush of devotees reached to participate in 104th Urs of Ala HazratImam Ahmad Raza Khan Fazile Barelvi in Bareilly from 21st Sept’22 to 23rd Sept’22. Additional counters were established and extra staff were deputed for the convenience of passengers.During this 3 day period (21.9.22-23.9.22) details of originating passenger traffic at Bareilly Junction is given below: Data derived from PRIMES
13.Moradabad Division has successfully conducted the Government of India’s Special Swachhta Campaign 2.0 started on 2nd October, 2022. This includes cleanliness drive at Railway Stations, Railway premises, Tracks, Workshops, Railway colonies etc. During this Special Campaign 2.0, the Division has taken up all the stations for the Cleanliness Campaign and special emphasis has been laid on mechanized cleaning of railway stations with a special focus on cleanliness of trains and stations including toilets and washrooms.
14.The Division has celebrated Gandhi & Shastri Jayanti on 02nd Oct’22. On this occasion, Cleanliness drives, Nukkad nataks and Shramdans were conducted all over the division to spread the message of cleanliness. In Moradabad, DRM Shri Ajay Nandan with other branch officers of the Division and children of Scout Guides and many railway workers carried out a cleanliness drive at Moradabad Railway Station and gave a message of constant awareness about cleanliness to everyone in the society.
15.Moradabad Division has successfully managed the rush on major festivals i.e. Dussehra, Deepawali & Chhath in Oct’22. Officers and Inspectors were deputed to monitor the arrangements and to make all out efforts to clear the additional rush.
16.The Division has also managed the rush during Piran kaliyar Urs at Roorkee (01stOct – 15th Oct’22) in which 151 Pakistani Jayreens also participated and the rush at all the major stations due to UPSSSC PET exam conducted on 15th & 16th Oct’22. Additional Ticket and enquiry counters were established.
17.Foodgrain, Sugar & Container loading in the month of Apr’22 have increased by 56%, 25% & 25% respectively. 32 rakes of Food grain (₹ 17.32 Crore), 25 rakes of Sugar (₹ 9.64 Crore) & 60 rakes of Container (₹ 2.59 Crore) were loaded in Apr’22 as against of 20.5 rakes, 20 rakes & 48 rakes respectively in the corresponding period of last year.
18.Cement and Automobile loading in the month of Apr’22 were also increased by 120% & 67% respectively. 5.5 rakes of Cement (0.51 Crore) & 5 rakes of Automobile (0.58 Crore) were loaded in Apr’22 as against of 2.5 rakes & 3 rakes respectively.
19.Sugar, Automobile & Fertilizer loading in the month of May’22 have increased by 140%, 50% & 28% respectively. 30 rakes of Sugar (₹ 11.8 Crore), 06 rakes of Automobile (₹0.8 Crore) & 130 rakes of Fertilizer (₹ 26.7 Crore) were loaded in May’22 as against of 12.5 rakes, 04 rakes & 101.5 rakes respectively in the corresponding period of last year.
20.Outstanding of siding charges cleared from JPLS/PKW.
21.Automobile, Sugar & Fertilizer loading in the month of June’22 have increased by 125%, 84% & 07% respectively. 09 rakes of Automobile (₹ 1.04 Cr), 23 rakes of Sugar (8.87 Cr), & 123.5 rakes of Fertilizer (23.46 Cr) were loaded in June’22 as against of 4 rakes, 12.5 rakes & 111.5 rakes respectively in the corresponding period of last year.
22.Construction work at Garhmukteshwar Goods shed on PPP model has been completed on 25.06.22. This was the 1st Goods shed over NR which was awarded on PPP model.
23.Automobile, Foodgrain & Fertilizer loading in the month of July’22 have increased by 57%, 23% & 10% respectively. 11 rakes of Automobile (₹ 1.13 Cr), 19 rakes of Foodgrain (11.35 Cr), & 128 rakes of Fertilizer (23.3 Cr) were loaded in July’22 as against of 7 rakes (0.96Cr), 15.5 rakes (9.01 Cr) & 116.5 (23.94 Cr) rakes respectively in the corresponding period of last year.
24.Through the centralized marketing efforts BDU/MB Divn has captured new traffic of Maize from Roza in July’22, resulting loading of total 08 rakes of Maize from ROZA to various destinations i.e. HUR, GWD, CSN, RBG & AN amounting ₹ 4.35 Cr.
25.BDU/MB has also captured new traffic in Parcel in the form of Electronic goods in July’22. 25 NMG wagons were loaded from Roorkee (RK) to Korukkupet (KOKG) providing revenue of ₹ 15.84 lac.
- Automobile, Sugar & Fertilizer loading in the month of Aug’22 have increased by 1300%, 25% & 08% respectively. 14 rakes of Automobile (₹ 1.51 Cr), 34.5 rakes of Sugar (13.66 Cr), & 132 rakes of Fertilizer (23.28 Cr) were loaded in Aug’22 as against of 01 rakes (0.1 Cr), 27.5 rakes (11.94 Cr) & 122.5 rakes (23.11 Cr) respectively in the corresponding period of last year.
- Pre-bid conference was conducted at Divl. HQ regarding GCT development at Dalpatpur on 29.8.22.
- The division has re-opened the AJI Goodshed and One mini-rake of sugar was successfully loaded on 31.8.22.
29.Automobile, Cement & Fertilizer loading in the month of Sept’22 have increased by 968%, 94% & 1% respectively. 267 wagons of Automobile (₹ 1.43 Cr), 242 wagons of Cement (₹ 0.63 Cr) & 5272 wagons of Fertilizer (₹ 25.38 Cr) were loaded in Sept’22 as against of 25 wagons (₹ 0.10 Cr), 125 wagons (₹ 0.50 Cr) & 5238 wagons (₹ 26.37 Cr) respectively in the corresponding period of last year.
30.Moradabad Division has captured new Parcel traffic of Pomegranate from Haridwar to Howrah. In Sept’22, total 2515 packages were loaded providing revenue of ₹ 3.17 lac.
31.New traffic: Due to concentrated maketing efforts of BDU/MB, the division has successfully gained the traffic of Fly Ash from PRPM siding. In the month of Oct’22, concerned party has loaded 03 rakes of Fly Ash providing revenue of ₹ 66.5 lac.
32.Loading of Automobile and Fertilizer have increased by 872% and 3% respectively in Oct’22. 243 wagons of Automobile (0.95 Cr) & 5806 wagons of Fertilizer (30.56 Cr) were loaded in Oct’22 as against of 25 wagons (0.1 Cr) & 5649 wagons (25.07 Cr) respectively in the corresponding period of last year.