The Medical Department, Moradabad Division provides comprehensive health care to its employees both serving and retired and their families. In addition, many other administrative needs are also fulfilled. Major functions are summarise below:
- Provision of Curative, Preventive, Promotive and Rehabilitative Health Services to Railway beneficiaries.
- Occupational health services, including pre-employment and in-service periodical Medical examinations, examination under Workmen's Compensation Act, monitoring of safety environment of workshops etc.
- Medical relief during Railway Accidents.
- Emergency Medical assistance to Railway passengers who take ill during their journey on requirement basis.
- Enforcement of Prevention of Food Adulteration Act within Railway premises.
- Monitoring of quality of drinking water in Railway Stations and Railway Colonies. Surface sanitation at certain Railway Colonies and at some nominated Railway Stations.
- Reproductive and Child Health Services including Family Welfare and immunization of vulnerable groups.
- Implementation of National Health Programmes.