• Carry on an unrelenting fight against criminals in protecting Railway passengers, passenger area and Railway property.
• Facilitate passenger-travel and security by removing all anti-social elements from trains, Railway premises and passenger area.
• Remain vigilant to prevent trafficking in women and children and take appropriate action to rehabilitate destitute children found in Railway areas.
• Co-operate with other departments of the Railways in improving the efficiency and image of the Indian Railways.
• Act as a bridge between the Government Railway Police/local police and the Railway administration.
• Adopt proactively all modern technology, best human rights practices, management techniques and special measures for protection of female and elderly passengers and children, in the pursuit of these objectives.
Source : Northern Railways / Indian Railways Portal CMS Team Last Reviewed : 01-02-2024
This is the Portal of Indian Railways, developed with an objective to enable a
single window access to information and services being provided by the
various Indian Railways entities. The content in this Portal is the result of a
collaborative effort of various Indian Railways Entities and Departments Maintained by CRIS, Ministry of Railways, Government of India.