1.Annual Narrative report for GM.
2.PCDO from GM to CRB.
3.Arrangements of all meetings arranged by safety department/including CRS.
4.Safety Audits – Safety audit Calender and compliance.
5.Reports from divisions.
-Monthly assigned by CSO.
-Bi-Monthly safety meeting by DRM.
6.Safety drives and Alert advice.
7.Updation of the inspection instruction book.
8.Correspondence with CPRO for SMS campaign and Radio jingles/safety drives.
9.Matters pertaining to GMs and CSOs conference. Accident data shall be given by Dy.CSO/Mech.
10.Compilation of inspection notes of all officers accompanied CSO during safety audits (NR & Inter Railway)
11.Reply and follow up of inspection notes of CRB, GM, AGM, CRS and CSO.
12.Follow up of unusual related to electrical.
13.Action plan targets.
14.Any work assigned by PCSO.
Coordination with all 5 divisions, Emergency Control, Railway Board and CRS including reporting of accidents to Railway Board. SIMS data management.
1.Monitoring of accident enquiries. Analysis of enquiry reports received from divisions. Accidents data for various meeting and conferences.
2.Monitoring and correspondence for DAR action and punishments as per prescribed Norms. Ensure compliance of D+10 & D+90.
3.All matters pertaining to safety shield, running room shield pertaining to divisions and MR safety shield.
4.Day to day statement/correspondence with Railway Board and CRS and correspondence with divisions and PHODs.
5. All administrative and establishment matters.
6. Updation and publication of DM plan of HQ and its ISO certification.
7. Matters pertaining to RTI.
8. Matters pertaining to ART, ARME, Mock drill, RSRC and HLDMC. -Mock drill, calendar and compliance. -Joint NDRF exercise. Calender and compliance.
9. VESDA experiment follow-up.
10. All matters pertaining to Mech. and conducting inspection.
11. Monitoring of hired vehicles.
12. Initiating procurement action for all stock and non stock items.
13. Publication of safety bulletins of all deptts. from Printing Press, Shakurbasti.
14. Nodal for unusual, monitoring.
15. Running Room Committee Zonal/Divisional follow-up.
17.Analysis of hot axle and brake binding cases.
1. Preparation of reply of Parliament Question.
2.Matters pertaining to Audit.
3.All matters pertaining to Engg. and conducting inspections.
4.Level crossing matters.
-closure performance etc.
Matters related to POM, PREM, NRMU and ZRUCC.
1.Follow up of unusual related to engineering.
2.Site protection system at work sites.
3. Safety Inspection of sidings.
4.Follow-up compliance of deficiencies in points and crossing register.
5.Random checks of efficacy of USFD testing.
6.Analysis of weld failures, rail fracture, IMR rails etc.
7.Keep a record of arrears in renewals and premature failures.
8.Any work assigned by PCSO.
1.All matters pertaining to Safety of Traffic Deptt
2. Organize GM Monthly Safety Awards