FUNCTIONS OF PLANNING & DESIGN CELL IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The P&D CELL of Civil Engineering organization is headed by the Chief Engineer/P&D. The Chief Engineer/P&D is assisted by Dy. Chief Engineers/P&D and Executive Engineer/P&D in the Northern Railway Headquarters Office, Baroda House, New Delhi.
Main Functions of P&D Cell:
1. Overall in charge of Budget and Works Programme of zonal Railway - Expenditure control of all plan heads except Track renewals, Bridge works (PH-30, 31 & 32).
2. Overall planning and control of Revenue Budget of Engineering Department.
3. E-working in Official Functioning – Availability of Type Plans on Web (Internet).
4. Computerization of Engineering Department.
5. Matters related to Information Technology & MIS.
6. Provision of CUG Phones and office space in Engineering Department.
7. Matters related to planning and execution of works in railway portion for DFCCIL, RVNL, other Metros, RRTC, MOT etc.
8. Progress and review of Works through IRPSM.
9. Approval of ESPs, L sections and other technical drawings for various works of open line and Construction Organization including public sector undertakings such as RVNL/DFCCIL etc..
10. System map, ODC profiles and connected matters related to CRS sanction.
11. Matters pertaining to Heritage Structures.
12. IT initiatives in Engg. Deptt (Nodal Officer).
13. Monitoring of key tasks assigned to PHODs for the Dashboard items (being monitored by Hon’ble MR).
14. Design of Structures - Latest Tools, Software, Methodology, Concepts & Solutions.
15. Standardization of Plans for various utilities & uses.
16. Cadre control of Drawing and Design (D&D) Cadre. Creation of additional posts as per requirement, filling up of vacancies by promotion, submission of indents to RRC and training of staff in-house.
17. Deposit works.
18. Nodal officer for Schedule of rates: DSR, USSOR for other works not included in DSR as per prevalent guidelines for Railway Board.
19. Standard Schedule of Rates for Works & Standard Specifications for Works & Materials.
20. Matters pertaining to File Tracking System (FTS).
21. Monitoring and control of funds for works under MPLAD and CSR funds.
22. Matters related to sanction and execution of projects on JV, PPE, CSR, MPLAD, Environmental funds etc.
23. Issues related to installation of solar power panels
24. Innovations, Modernization & Technological Advancements in all related fields.
25. Any other work assigned by PCE.