Total Patient Satisfaction Through Humane Approach & Shared Commitment Of Every Single Doctor and Paramedic To Provide Quality Health Care Using Modern & Cost Effective Techniques & Technologies.
To meet the above mission the Health Department on the Indian Railways is committed to
1. Provide quality health care service
2. Constant up-gradation of curative services in tune with the latest technologies and within the resources available to Railways
3. provide regular C.M.E (Continuing Medical Education) inputs to medical and paramedical staff.
4. Combine efficiency with Courtesy and Empathy
5. establish effective base for disease prevention and health promotion services including industrial health
6. meet the administrative needs of the Indian Railways
7. work for the acceptance of a small family norms by the staff;
8. ensure adequate physical standard of the employees at recruitment and during their periodical check up.
9. provide and maintain accident relief medical equipment, including first aid boxes, to give prompt relief to passengers injured in railway accidents.
10. attend the passengers injured or taken seriously ill in trains or at Railway stations, on payment, under certain circum stances
11. provide medical facilities at par with serving employees to those retired Railway employees who have opted to become members of the RELHS '97; and
12. administer medical treatment to outsiders, on payment, under certain circumstances.
Indian Railways Health Services have adopted the modern system of medicine. However the Personnel department arrange the provision of some basic facilities under the Indian system of medicine also, by engaging part time Homeopathic and Ayurvedic doctors and running clinics funded by the Staff Benefit Fund.