Achievements/development/innovations of Electrical Coaching/DLI Division
Improvement in Passenger Amenity
1. Mobile / laptop charging socket have been provided in all AC coaches.
2. Provision of mobile charging facility in each coupe of Non-AC General & Sleeper coaches has been completed in 2018-19.
3. 100% Coaches are running with this provision.
Green Energy Initiatives
1. Head-On-Generation Modification in 337 End-On-Generation AC coaches & 34 Power Cars has been completed. All Shatabdi coaches have been made Head-On-Generation compliant and Head-On-Generation modification work for the Rajdhani coaches and Power cars is under progress.
2. Train no.12001/02 Bhopal Shatabdi, 12003/04 Lucknow Shatabdi, 12005/06 Kalka Shatabdi, 12011/12 Kalka Shatabdi, 12013/14 Amritsar Shatabdi, 12017/18 Dehradun Shatabdi, 12029/30 Amritsar Shatabdi, 12442/41 Bilaspur Rajdhani & 12453/54 Ranchi Rajdhani are being run on Head On Generation which is not only energy efficient but also eco-friendly due to its inherent features like no noise and air pollution on account of diesel generator set. Operation of above trains on Head-On-Generation system saves huge Railways Revenue on account of saving of diesel Oil consumption.
3. Delhi Division has saved 1643861 Liters diesel oil at an approx. cost of Rs.10.90 Crore during 2018 by running above said trains on Head-On-Generation.
1. Modification of energy efficient 09 watt LED light provided in 162 coaches of STB trains and 112 coaches of RAJ trains. Tender of 125 coaches of RAJ trains is under finalization.
2. Retro-fitment of energy efficient 09 watt LED lights have been provided in 604 SG AC/ Non-AC coaches of Mail/Express trains.
Augmentation of EOG AC coaches
1. Delhi Division has provided power factor corrector capacitor bank in all EOG coaches for augmentation of coaches from 16 to 20 coaches in a rake for improving earning of Shatabdi/ Rajdhani Express trains.
Passenger Announcement and Information System
1. Passenger Announcement and Passenger Information System installed in 520 nos. coaches out of 802 nos. coaches. This system has been commissioned in train nos. 12011/12, 12005/06, 12029/30, 12013/14, 12017/18, 12003/04, 12002/01. The work is in progress to complete all the coaches by April, 2019. This system has the following facilities:
i. GPS enabled announcement & display of information about whole journey and various stoppages etc.
ii. The announcement recorded in the voice of professionals for better clarity and quality.
iii. Audio / Visual information about late running of train at any station.
iv. Audio / Visual slogans related to passenger convenience & their safety.
v. Display of real-time train speed on screen.
vi. Information about the next two coming halting stations with arrival time.