1. Key Performance Indicators: -
(1) CG Appointments: - An attempt was made to reduce the pendency of CG appointments. 338 appointments have been finalized during 2018 with balance of only 31, out of which 20 cases have been referred to HQ and remaining 11 cases are under process.
(2) Selections:- It has always been an emphasis for Personnel Department of the division to do early finalization of due selection / suitability and trade tests. As a result, 52 selections, 37 suitability & 33 trade tests have been finalized during 2018 and 6356 employees were promoted during 2018.
(3) Absorption of medically de-categorized Staff: - Special attention has been paid for absorption of medically de-categorized staff and hence, out of 143, 135 medically de-categorized staff has been given alternative job through screening in 2018 which is held every last week of the month.
(4) Disposal of Single Window Grievances: - Personnel Department of Delhi Division is highly committed to redress the grievances of its employees. In year 2018, 24867 grievances were received through single window cell and 25101 were disposed during the entire year. Our Employee charter compliance percentage has been nearly 80% throughout the year.
(5) Position of Court/RTI Cases: - Special attention was paid to monitor the court cases, result of which is that 243 court cases have been finalized in which 189 cases have been decided in favor of Railway Administration. 1255 RTI cases were received in 2018 & 1072 finalized.
(6) Indents for Panels: - Indents sent for 12 categories in Group D for 3331 vacancies and for 92 categories in Group C for 4476 vacancies.
(7) CG Adalat: - CG adalat was organized in Delhi division on 2nd November, 2018. As an indication of the smooth function of the division, only 03 cases were received
(8) Ex Gratia and WCA: - An amount of 2 crores has been disbursed under ex gratia compensation and 60 lacs under the head WCA in the year 2018.
(9) Funeral Amount: - As a means to provide immediate assistance to the family of the deceased employee, an amount of Rs. 24 Lacs was disbursed under this head in 2018.
(10) Manpower Planning: - 612 posts were surrendered in the year 2018 across the departments. The Railway board had given a target of 1%, but the division achieved 1.33%.
(11) Industrial Relations: -
a. PNM with both recognized unions are being held on regular basis as per schedule.
b. Informal meetings with both the recognized unions are being held every week.
c. Non-payment Meetings at DPO level are being held every month with both unions.
d. One meeting with SC/ST association is conducted and one with OBC association.
2. Drive for Improvement: -
(1) Rail Karmi App and Samadhaan: - Rail Karmi App and Webpage is umbrella software that has different modules related to establishment related work of employees. Rail Karmi project of Delhi division was picked up by Railway board for Pan-India implementation.
(2) Scanning of Service records: - The Delhi Division has completed the scanning for all the service records available. Approximately 40,000 SRs have been scanned.
(3) Scanning of Seniority lists: - 335 seniorities were issued on January 01, 2018 which were scanned and uploaded in Samadhaan, Delhi division local website. All the seniorities have again been reissued on January 01, 2019 as per Employee Charter compliance.
(4) Centralization of APARs: -Approximately 97% APARs, which are around 169000 in number, have been centralized in personnel department as per “as and where basis”.
3. Staff Contact Programs: -
With a view to inculcate better appreciation of understanding between staff & management, and also to know about practical difficulties faced by staff in open line, 28 staff contact programs were organized over DLI Division in 2018.
4. Welfare of Pensioners: -
(1) Settlement cases: -
(i) Normal Retirement: - All out efforts are made for 100% payment to the retiring Railway staff timely with the result 1761 complete settlement dues have been paid during 2018 through RTGS system. The function is being organized on last working day of each month in which identity cards, medical card, service certificate and gold plated silver medallion are given to all retired employees by DRM/DLI through a settlement folder.
(ii) Other than Normal Retirement: - Division is also making final settlement dues in other than normal retirement cases on 15th of every month. During the year 2018, out of 549, 538 other than normal retirement cases have been finalized.
(2) Re-engagement for Retired employees: - In view of exigencies of work and to provide an avenue to those retired employees who wish to work after retirement, Railway Board introduced a scheme for re-engagement of retired employees. Total 239 employees have been re–engaged through online mode during the year 2018 in consonance with Railway Board Guidelines.
(3) Pension Adalat: - Pension Adalat-2018 was successfully organized by Personnel Department, Delhi division on 18/09/2018 to redress the grievances of Pensioners. Around 238 the cases were finalized during the pension adalat.
(4) PPO Revision: -There are approximately 33600 pensioners in Delhi Division who are due for revision of their PPO. Out of these, the personnel department has finalized 27897 PPOs from their end.
(5) CTSE: - Delhi Division is the nodal division for CTSE. It is responsible for making smart cards for all retirees across Indian Railways (other than HQ NR) who apply for the same. 874 cards have been processed so far.
5. Inculcating Enthusiasm: -
(1) Inter Divisional Drama Competition: - The privilege to conduct Inter-Divisional Nukkad Natak competition this year was given by GM/NR to Delhi Division. The same was conducted on 21.12.2018 wherein nine teams from 5 divisions (including HQ and Division) and 4 workshops participated in the august presence of AGM and Delhi Division bagged the first prize.
(2) Nukkad Nataks: - Delhi Division Drama team was actively involved in performing street plays across major stations. A number of themes were picked up including safety, Women empowerment, Protection of Children and women, anti-corruption and vigilance awareness.
(3) Women’s Camp: - With the collective goal of bringing camp philosophy of enthusiasm and involvement to work life, Delhi division organized women’s camp at Gangtok, Sikkim from 09-07-2018 to 12-07-2018.
(4) Camp for differently abled employees: - A camp was organized in Goa from 10th to 16th February, 2018 for differently abled persons in which 35 employees participated.
6. Training & Empowering: -
(1) Training under Project Saksham: -An initiative called “Saksham” embarked by the railway board to provide one week training to all the railway employees was designed to boost their productivity and efficiency. Delhi division achieved the mammoth target to train all its employees in stipulated time frame.
(2) Workshop for differently abled employees: - A workshop for Differently abled people was successfully organised in Delhi Division where support equipments were distributed by the DRM.
(3) NCPCR Awareness Campaign: - The ‘Programme for Poster’ release and launch of campaign by the Chairman, Railway Board along with Chairperson, NCPCR on 7th June 2018 was successfully completed with coordination from Delhi division.
(4) Awareness of PMSBY/PMJJBY Schemes: - Enrollment drive for contractual workers under PMSBY and PMJJBY schemes at New Delhi Station, Old Delhi Station, Nizamuddin, Anand Vihar, DLT depot, Shatabdi and Rajdhani Complex. Representatives from SBI, PNB and Allahabad Bank were also present to help explain the scheme and its benefits better to the staff.
(5) Training Institutes: - There are 07 training institutes in Delhi division with a total of 720 seats available for training. In the year 2018, these institutes have trained over and above their capacity and 750 employees have been trained.
7. Achievement in Sports: -
a. Km Vinesh Phogat, COS/Operating won Gold medal in Jakarta Asian Games, 2018.
b. Km Neha, clerk/S&T, member of women Hockey team, won silver medal in Jakarta Asian Games, 2018.
c. Km Sonia, clerk/Engg, won silver medal in in world boxing championship, 2018.
d. Sh Bajrang, CTI/NDLS, won gold medal in Jakarta Asian Games, 2018.
e. Sh Sunil Kumar, Sr TE/NDLS received Arjuna award, 2018.
8. Other initiatives: -
(1) Run for Unity: - On the occasion of National Integration Day i.e. 31st Oct, 2018, which is also the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, “Run for Unity” was launched which commenced from the precincts of salon siding, New Delhi station & included several participants. Railway employees & members of voluntary organizations participated in the run carrying placards on the theme of national unity.
(2) International Women’s Day: - Around 200 women staff and officers participated in the function in 2019. 40 women staff was honored with testimonies for their excellence in work sphere. Women employees also shared their experiences on the occasion. A troupe of female scout and guide also participated in various activities. A booklet was also launched, named “Empowering HR, Empowering Railways” by DRM Delhi.
(3) International Yoga Day: - On International Yoga Day i.e. 21st June 2018, Officers & staff of Delhi Division actively participated with a view to celebrate harmony between inner and outer well being. Motivational Speeches: Various speakers have been invited time to time to inculcate enthusiasm among the staff and motivate them.
a. Vikrant Tomar delivered lecture on “how to deal stress at workplace”.
b. Arun Rishi talked about improving quality of life through small changes that bring us closer to nature.
C. A seminar on “Work life balance” was also organized in collaboration with Barclays.
d. Ravindra Kumar IAS (The 1st IAS officer to scale Mt. Everest) delivered highly motivational lecture for stress management.
(4) Yoga Sessions: - To carry on the spirit of the Yoga day, Yoga sessions were also organized for the staff of the personnel department.
(5) Social Initiatives: - A social initiative centre at Bahadurgarh was inaugurated on 03.02.2018 where in- skill programme has been started. Health checkup of 75 Students conducted by team of special Doctors and lecture on health, hygiene and nutrition was also delivered. ‘P’ department of Delhi Division arranged two lectures at Govt. School Bahadurgarh on 10.02.2018. 1) A lecture on First Aid by Dr. Sanjay Mahto/DMO/SSB. 2) Lecture on role of Scouts & Guides by Sh. Rajeev Yadav (Trained leader of Scout).