Achievements/Development/Innovations of Electrical Coaching/DLI Division
Green Energy Initiatives
HOG Modification has been done in all Shatabdi/Rajdhani Mail LHB AC & Non-AC Coaches of Delhi Division. Presently all the 44 LHB EOG trains having 54 rakes of Shatabdi, Rajdhani and Mail/Express trains are being run on HOG system. Due to HOG operation, HSD oil expenditure reduced from Rs. 170 Cr. in 2018-19, Rs. 117 Cr. in 2019-20 to Rs. 19 Cr. in 2020-21 (till 31/01/2021).
In an attempt to make the Delhi/NCR region diesel free, Delhi Division took innovative steps to start diesel free primary maintenance for all its LHB rakes at washing lines of various maintenance depots. Delhi Division created facility for Diesel free Primary Maintenance with HOG supply from OHE/Loco for 34 LHB trains at washing lines. To create this facility, shifting of Pathways, RTR facility & required modifications of OHE were done at NDLS, HNZM, ANVT, DEE, DLI depots over Delhi Division. This system will save approx Rs. 16 Cr. annually, increase in reliability of HOG operation as well as punctuality of trains and reduction 8000 ton CO2 emission due to less burning of HSD oil.
Passenger Announcement and Information System (PAPIS)
Passenger Announcement and Passenger Information System has been installed in 802 coaches and Power Cars. (i. e. 215 Shatabdi coaches, 509 Rajdhani coaches including Power Cars and 78 Mail express coaches are running with this system) This system has the following facilities:
- GPS enabled announcement & display of information about whole journey and various stoppages etc.
- The announcement recorded in the voice of professionals for better clarity and quality.
- Audio / Visual information about late running of train at any station.
- Audio / Visual slogans related to passenger convenience & their safety.
- Display of real-time train speed on screen.
- Information about the next two coming halting stations with arrival time.
Provision of LED lights in Coaches for Energy Conservation
- Energy Efficient LED lights fittings provided in cabin, toilet and reading lights in all the LHB Rajdhani & STB Coaches. Night light cum birth indication LED lights fitted in Rajdhani Coaches.
- Retro-fitment of Energy Efficient 09 watt LED lights has been done in SG AC & Non-AC coaches of Mail/Express trains.
Centralized Coach Monitoring System (CCMS) in Train No.12005/06
CCMS has installed in train no. 12005/06 in 2020-21. This system will monitor AC system in coaches and immediately send message to Electric control, Section In-charge, Depot In-charges and Depot officers for rectification through escorting staff. It will help in better monitoring and to minimize the enroute passenger complaint.
Reduction in “Over Time” of Escorting Staff of Electrical Coaching
Pin pointing and redeployment of maintenance and escorting staff has been done in all depots for optimum utilization of manpower and to reduce the OT hours to the extent possible level with available manpower. OT hrs reduced from 409408 hrs (Rs. 12.30 Cr.) in 2018-19, 254009 hrs (Rs.8.00 Cr.) in 2019-20 to Zero hrs in 2020-21 (till Jan’21).