Mechanical (O&F) wing is responsible for effective utilization and monitoring of diesel locomotives and crews. It is also responsible for diesel issue to locomotives working on line in economical manner. Maintenance of In-motion weighbridge and other weighing equipments & EnHM works also forms the part of the duties of this wing.
CREW BOOKING LOBBIES
Following are the crew lobbies in the division for effective crew management. Only at RBL lobby Guards are also booked by the Crew Controller (O&F).
Coaching Crew Lobby, Lucknow
Goods Lobby in UP Yard/LKO
Following are the running room in the division.
LKO Up yard
ACCIDENT RELIEF TRAIN:
There are two Accident Relief Trains as per following details:
1)‘A’ Class ART at Lucknow under charge of SSE/C&W/LKO.
2)‘B’ Class ART at Faizabad under charge of CDO/FD, (Sr. DME/C&W).
3)SPARMV at LKO under charge of CDO/LKO (Sr. DME/C&W).
4) Rail Cum Road Vehicle ART under charge of CDO/LKO (Sr. DME/C&W).
140 Ton BREAK DOWN CRANE:
There is one 140-T Gottwald (DSL) crane (OLD DESIGN) at LKO under the charge of SSE/DSL/LKO (Maintenance is with Sr. DME/DSL).
RAILWAY CONSUMER DEPOT
There are three Railway Diesel Installations in the Lucknow Division. The details is as under in the month of May.21.
No. of Fuelling Points
Avg. Issue/ day
9 X 70 KL
1 X 525 KL (Vertical)
1 X 750KL (Vertical)
1X70 KL (underground)
2X525 KL+1 X 550 KL (Vertical)
3 X 70KL underground
03 in which 2 wkg. & 1 is not wkg.
Locomotive workshop C.B. LKO
Dy. COS store AMV/LKO
Goods yard VYN
In motion weighing.
New 140 Ton capacity weigh bridge was installed on 10.07.18 at line no-5.Machine commissioned on 10.01.2019. One pair of weigh rail has been installed on 24.9.20 with OEM (Avery India). FOIS connection has been provided in Oct. month & 04 CCTV in working order.
In motion Electronicweigh bridge
STAFF POSITION OF LUCKNOW DIVISION
Supervisor (DSL SHED)
CLI (DSL SHED)
RUNNING STAFF POSITION :-
Loco Pilot (Mail)
Loco Pilot (Pass)
Loco Pilot (Goods)
Loco Pilot Shunting
Asst. Loco Pilot
ACHIEVEMENTS & SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT IN MECHANICAL O&F BRANCH OF LKO DIVISION IN FINANCIAL YEAR 2020-21
(1) First division in NR & pioneer in Indian railway to provide anti Corona sanitization kits to running staff and ensuring mechanised sanitization of running room of lobby since the onset of covid-19. Hence no causality of running staff reported during covid-19 and highest ever interchange 168/month in this FY achieved.(improvement by 13% in comparison to last FY.
(2) To improve mobility under mission sheeghra sufficient LR has been given to NR crew even beyond our divisional territory like SLN-RAC, GMC-GD, GMC-BSB, BSB-CAR- COI & by this crack running and massive footplating over long stretches by supervisors and officers of O&F wing the mobility has improved drastically & average freight speed achieved as nearly double the previous year.
(3) In lockdown period average goods POL was 100 and on an average more than 150 trains (including goods and Shramik special trains) ran per day. Despite the issue of running staff shortage due to lock down , running of these trains has been managed without any detention.
(4) By providing test wagon rake based at VYN to private sidings for calibration of Weigh Bridges of private sidings a total revenue of Rs 22,07,647/- has been earned in 2020-21.
(5) New mobile app “Running Room ManagementSystem”wasinaugratedbyGM/NR on 26.02.2021 duringhisannualinspectionof AY-LKO section. This app will enable theloco pilot to find out the position of Vacant/Occupied beds of running rooms and he canbookbeds before his arrival in running room. This app was appreciated by GM/NR and he has given praise-worthy remark in visitor’s book of FD Running Room. A new complex comprising of Badminton Court, Yoga Hall, Gymnasium & Library near running room was also developed & inaugrated by GM/NR on 26.02.21.
(6) As expenditure control a saving of Rs 4.81 Crore is made on account of TA/Mileage/OT ofstaff in six monthly period AUG-20 to JAN-21 when compared to last year coresponding period.(As an average saving of Rs.75 Lakh per month).
(7) Total 2325275 lts HSDoil was saved during shut down of Loco and saving of Rs.1.63 crores achieved in FY 2020-21.
(8) Highest inwardsharmik SPL handed in the country (Terminating -675,through passing -873 and originating 41) in the Lockdown period without a single detention.
SAFETY ENHANCEMENT EFFORT
(i)Operating instructions for safe train operation especially during foggy weather & also displaying of these instructions through attractive flexi boards affixing in lobbies and R/Rooms.
a)Precaution during signal failure.
b)Precautions in shunting and load placement at road side stations.
c)Duties of loco pilot, when felt jerk.
d)Prescribed distances of various engineering and warning boards.
e)Precaution during train operation.
f)Safe train operation during foggy weather.
g)Preventive measures to avoid overshooting.
(ii)LED 40” installed at LKO/Chg lobby, Up yard lobby, PBH, SLN, FD, BSBand RBL lobby to see the video documentary related to safety & trouble shooting.
(iii)Fog Safe Device :-
430 nos. FSD’s are use in all trains over LKO division & other sections of foreign Railway where LKO division crew operates train for safe train operation during foggy weather.
(iv) CCTV cameras provided in all combined crew & Guard lobbies with streaming facility in Divisional Power control to monitor the sign ON/OFF process of crew & Guard so as to ensure that right crew sign ON for train working.
(v) All Loco Pilots working with overdue refresher courses sent for training toupgrade and update their knowledge regarding Loco working and safety, thus making the refresher overdue figure NIL.