1.Energy Conservation:-In the year 2020-21, there was 20% reduction in energy consumption w.r.t to previous year. Electrical General department is taking all positive effort like using 5 star rating equipments, replacement all conventional lights with LED lights ,replacement of Overhead lines with Cables to reduce AT&C losses etc.
2. Green Energy Initiative:- Green energy is future of our country. Our department is also giving all efforts to explore all possibilities to generate green energy. Presently, installation 1143 KWp solar plant is under progress by Azure Power Rooftops Pvt. Ltd. also installation of solar plant in 80 acre land parcel at Roza is under consideration with HQ.
3. Passenger amenities:- Convenience of passengers is always being on top priority of our department. For convenience of passengers 18 nos escalators and 12 nos are installed in various station of Moradabad division. Availability of water coolers, lights and fans in railway premises are being also ensured by our department. In train coach maintenance department, each mobile charging point, fans ,lights and air conditioning system is checked before the departure of train from primary depot. Any defect in electrical equipment is duly rectified in time bound manner.
4. Safe environment:- Regular chasing with UPPCL, UPCL in case of supply failure and improving backbone electrical infrastructure to reduce internal failures is being done by department to reduce the operating time of DG sets , working on various location MB division.
5. Working of HOG : - Long distance premium HOG compliant train ( 02401/02 Nanda Devi exp.) running with 99%on HOG supply . The new HOG rake of 14310/09(DDN-UJN Exp.), 12056/57(jan shatabdi Express) & 14318/17(DDN-INDB Exp.) is rolling with same HOG efficiency. The division is making efforts to operate these trains with 100% HOG supply so that substantial fuel cost is saved.
6. Resolving of complaints:-Passenger complaints are attended with responsiveness so that the average disposal time of complaint becomes minimal. The division set a healthy precedence of cordial communication between escorting staff and aggrieved passenger for better understanding about discrepancy. Our department is also developed the Complaint Management system to solve the electrical related complaints. By this system complainant can file his complaint online, in the same time this complaint will reflect to Electrical/control and control will inform to concern depot to solve out problem. Due to shortage of staffs, this system is started only in railway offices.