Group “C& D”
This office has been in the forefront in initiating new tools of transparency and addressing staff grievances in prompt manner. This office has always been the torch bearer of every instance of efficiency, effectiveness, equity & continuing the same tradition in the year 2022-23
Ambala Division is always getting accolades in achieving the target.
· The target of delivery of scrap was given Rs 32 crore in the financial year 2023-24 & Rs. 5.44 crore has been achieved up to April 2023
· Bills Recoverable: Against the target of Rs. 12 crores, Rs 0.64 crore has already been recovered so far.
Nil amt. have been saved under the category of Financial Scrutiny up to April-2023
First in Northern Railway to do so
· To implement e-office, CIPS.
· To implement Online PRAN Generation Module of NPS.
· To complete 7th CPC pension revision.
· To do trial of settlement module of HRMS.
· To implement local JPO for online salary bill passing.
· As per guidelines from Hq. Office, IPAS, CIPS & E-OFFICE has been successfully implemented over UMB Division. Being the nodal office, E-Office has been implemented in first time in any of the Division of N.R. Presently 100% work is being done in this division through e-office.
· The digitization of service records, pension files cases and sidings agreement have already been completed in the division.
· Online NPS family pension ledger has been developed and implemented from April 2020 with assistance of SE/IT/NR Ambala, which will facilitate NPS section by way of easy accessibility, simple, increasing transparency and faster retrieval, if required. This online register will be generated every month and uploaded to the e-office duly signed at all three levels of AL 1, AL 2, and AL 3
· ONLINE PRAN GENERATION MODULE (OPGM) request has been enabled by NSDL & Ambala Division is the 1st to implement this module in Northern Railway
· E-PPOs: - So far 60 E-PPOs has been generated and forwarded to HQ for counter signature during this financial year 2023-24 ( up to April– 2023 )
· Online E-settlement software to capture all scanned data like letter of undertaking and pension forms and do pension calculation & forwarded in ZIP file from settlement ( P branch ) to pension section ( Accounts Branch) and making it easier, convenient and increasing traceability and transparency
· The work of revision of Pre-2016 16280 revised PPOs have been issued. 100% PPOs revision of staff has been completed.
· APAR of staff and officers are being written and submitted through HRMS. E-Pass are being issued to the staff through HRMS
· Settlement Module of HRMS is enabled in this Division.
· CIPS (Centralized Integrated Payment System) has been implemented into the division, wherein all payments are routed through central server of SBI, Hyderabad and payment is made faster and in time.
Local Software/JPO to facilitate work
· Earlier there were 286 Pay Bill Units in Ambala Division, out of which 188 Bill Units have been merged and at present there are only 98 Bill Units. This has not only resulted in huge financial benefits by avoiding travelling allowance and other establishment expenses of the Railways, but has also resulted in saving of manpower.
· Local software of wayleave charges has been developed on the basis of which this office can know how much amount of the way leave charges in this division is outstanding against which party and since when.
· A local JPO duly approved by ADRM/OP/UMB for online salary bill passing with minimum printing of documents thereby saving printing & stationery cost of Rs. 16 Lakh per annum.
· Local software has been prepared for making Form –II, this has not only saved lakhs of rupees annually, but also the errors of wrong booking of allocation can be avoided.