FUNCTIONS OF LAND CELL IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The LAND CELL of Civil Engineering organization is headed by the Chief Engineer/MRTS. The Chief Engineer/MRTS is assisted by Dy. Chief Engineers/LAND in the Northern Railway Headquarters Office, Baroda House, New Delhi.
Main Functions of Land Cell:
1. All matters related to Land and Certified Land plans.
2. All matters related to Buildings/ staff quarter etc.
3. All matters related to Property Development, Licensing/Leasing of Shops etc.
4. Coordination with RLDA w.r.t. land monetization and colony redevelopment.
5. Functions Pertaining To MRTS, NCRTC & DMRC.
6. Right to Information Act.
7. Land matters with other Government Departments.
8. Construction of land boundary walls – planning and monitoring.
9. Nodal officer for engineering matters related to NGT.
10. All matters and monitoring related to custody and management of Land including commercial exploitation of land & other Engineering assets viz., leasing, licensing, earnings and encroachments etc.
11. Way leave facility works.
12. Afforestation and issues related with forest deptt.
13. Innovations, Modernization & Technological Advancements in all related fields.
14. Tax matters related to service buildings.
15. Interaction with Other Authorities – GRP, RMS, Forest Deptt., P&T Deptt., Associations etc.
16. Multifunctional complex.
17. All Policy matters related to water supply.
18. All policy matters and monitoring items related to Maintenance, Water Supply, Drainage, Sanitation, development works for Colonies and Quarters including corporate welfare plan. Colony care committees.
19. Sanction and maintenance of colonies and buildings, Rent matters of society/Bank and all matters related to Quarter Cell.
20. Leasing of private houses, rent and other charges.
21. Any other work assigned by CPD/SD and PCE.