FUNCTIONS OF PLANNING & DESIGN CELL IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
The P&D CELL of Civil Engineering organization is headed by the Chief Engineer/P&D. The Chief Engineer/P&D is assisted by Dy. Chief Engineers/P&D and Executive Engineer/P&D in the Northern Railway Headquarters Office, Baroda House, New Delhi.
Main Functions of P&D Cell:
1. Budget and Works Programme for Zonal Railway.
2. Budget and Works Programme - Expenditure control of all plan heads except Track renewals, Bridge works and Revenue budget.
3. Revenue Budget of Engineering Department.
4. E-working in Official Functioning - Availability of Type Plans on Web (Internet).
5. Computerization of Engineering Department.
6. Matters related to Information Technology & MIS.
7. Provision of CUG Phones and office space in Engineering.
8. Matters related to planning and execution of works in Railway portion for DFCCIL, RVNL, other Metros, RRTC, MOT etc.
9. Progress and review of Works through IRPSM.
10. Innovations, Modernization & Technological Advancements in all related fields.
11. Approval of ESPS, L sections and other technical drawings for various works.
12. System map, ODC profiles and connected matters related to CRS sanction.
13. Matters pertaining to Heritage.
14. IT initiatives in Engg. Deptt.
15. Monitoring of key tasks assigned to PHODS for the Dashboard items (being monitored by Hon'ble MR).
16. Design of Structure - Latest Tools, Methodology, Concepts & Solutions.
17. Standardization of Plans for various utilities & uses.
18. Drawing and Design Cadre.
19. Drawing/Design section.
21. Any other work assigned by PCE.